- Grootfontein photo gallery : Buildings
Middelburg : Buildings
Click on photo to enlarge in new window
Reformed Church, Middelburg Cape Colony (Oldest Reformed Church building in South Africa, a declared National Monument.
Dutch Reformed Church, Middelburg Cape Colony, before middle block was built as extension to original building (1904)
M Stahl & Co (Outfitters & General Merchants), Loop Street where Telkom building was erected. On the left is the present building housing the ACVV office.
Cnr. Van der Walt / Roode Street. House second on right, Magistrate’s house where Olive Schreiner was married. On left is where Post Office is presently.
Cnr. Van der Walt / Van Reenen Street, Magistrates house in which Olive Schreiner was married. Photo taken by Gillings.
Cnr. Van Reenen / Church Street, General Merchant Shop of MacKinnon. Presently accommodating Public Library and Build-It.
Church Hall, Dutch Reformed Church, later rented to Volkskas as a bank and eventually the Blood Bank before demolition. 1936 Chevrolet belonging to Mr Shorty Vorster on photo.
Standard Bank, Cnr Market / Meintjies Streets. On the left is the building of Mr Solomon Rissik (presently PDK) housing Union Café as well as hairdressing saloon.
Richmond Road (previously known as Church Yard Street) photo taken from Town Hall on the left is dwelling of Sir Frederik de Waal (Richmond Road Number 20 later Mr David Wilcocks Vorster.
Merchants Du Toit and De Waal (Sir Frederick de Waal and his father in law from Graaff-Reinet). Building later became Pantheon Theatre, later Grand Theatre (Bioscope) Cnr Meintjies and Smid Streets.